I am publishing a very powerful mail that I wrote and I can't believe that I wrote or even had the courage to write it considering the confidence levels that I thought I had. This is truly an evidence of how I have broken that barrier and taken a step forward in life to really "Make a difference" to all the people around me including myself. Also for the reason it would help me get connected to what I want to do further, I found this to be the most suitable place to keep this mail.
Below is an e-mail that I authentically wrote to all my dearest friends at Robert Bosch on the next day after resigning, the 15th Mar'13.
I have always considered all of you as my very own and really great friends I’ve ever had. That is why I want you all to know this news as The 1st set of people besides the major stake holders from management.
You will be surprised to know that I have resigned from RBEI yesterday. Yes, you read it right! J
It is after some detailed discussions with Kowshik and having everyone’s consensus @ home(in-laws) that I made this move. I’m yet to inform my parents and other family members.
Motivation for the bold step –
1. My MIL has been constantly telling us that it is hard for her to take care of Avani now.
2. I WANT my MIL to really Live her life to the fullest atleast NOW and not be held up with Avani’s responsibility.
3. I don’t get to help my in-laws @ home with ANY domestic work and that leaves me in guilt day-in day-out.
4. Avani is totally incomplete about me leaving her and going to work and I’ve to deal with this Every single day.
5. Distance from home to office is too much – lot of unproductive time in travel.
6. Deficit hours at work – Trying to make up for point (2) and leaves me no where complete.
7. Formative years for Avani which is critical for her development. So next 3 years is for Avani mainly.
I am complete about my choice and waiting to take a step forward in exploring “What is my passion and what I really want to do?” of’ course with all your support.
This means that I would be exploring different options from now such as –
1. Cake baking – Be ready to order Yummy home-made cakes from me! :)
2. Event management for theatre, adventure etc
3. Butter paper work or Craft making company
4. NGO support staff for Canadia trust - www.trustcanadia.org
5. Art. Garlands etc making + Sales
6. Another job if it works @ home in a different company
7. Café in Cpt – Long term plan
8. Responsible homemaker full-time
10. Support my cousin Kiran (if he is ok) in his handicrafts business in Bangalore.
You guys have been there through thick and thins of my life and it is unimaginable that I would not be in touch with you even after I quit Bosch for now.
Time will pass so fast that by the time we even realize we will be together again :)
Thanks for Being there always!